Monday, October 27, 2014

What you focus on becomes most real to you…


What you focus on becomes most real to you…

I am beginning to realize the true blessings of being here in the land. One being the focus of my daily life, it is in a totally different place than when I was in the states. The disconnect from the normal day to day thoughts and obligations is now allowing me to focus. In the title to this post I said what you focus on becomes most real to you (I gleaned that from Don). This meaning where our thoughts are is where our heart and spirit will be also.  My focus is on Yahweh’s plan and Messiah’s message and being here is amplifying it. I am being taught subjects like Leadership, Judicial Order, Becoming the Complete Believer and Messianic Apologetics. All these things are preparing me for whatever work is ahead of me for the Kingdom. It was brought to my attention that these groups coming to meet here in Galilee are the first to be taught 1st century church doctrine since the time of Yahshua. So not only am I here where His ministry all began but I am hearing the same message and doctrines that were taught on these shores 2000 years ago. What a blessing!

America’s current mindset for the most part has turned to a spirit of indifference, rebellion, apathy, pride and arrogance. On top of this, there is a daily attack from all directions causing much confusion and distraction. We have too much going on and to many things pulling at us that need or want our attention.  I encourage all who will be reading this to do the following. Change up your focus. We all know Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in Yahweh with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.”

The thought of the above scripture seems easy enough, just simply trust.  The reality of this is that we all fall short (me definitely included). When we begin to shift our focus on what the Bible truly says and let it guide us, things start lining up. The alignments in our life may not look like what you initially imagined but have faith in all things. If you truly seek His will you shall find it. For example, if you told me a year ago I would be living in Israel for 2 ½ months I would have probably said “yeah right.” The fact of the matter is this, if you ask for His will to be done…be ready for anything. As we begin shifting our focus away from worldly things and on the attributes of Messiah, beautiful things begin to happen.  It says in Paul’s first letter to the Corinthians in chapter 4 verses 16-18: “Because of this, we do not grow weary, but if indeed our outward man is being decayed, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For while the troubles of the present time are little and light, a great and limitless glory for ever and ever is prepared for us. We do not rejoice on the things in which seen, but the things which are not seen; for the things being seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen everlasting.” Much can be taken away from this passage and applied to our current times we live in.

This verse is echoed by 1 John 2: 15: “Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him, because all that which is in the world: the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but of this world. And the world is passing away, and its lust. But the one doing the will of Elohim (God) abides forever.” We all must begin to change our focus and direct it towards the one that brings life, the Messiah. Our focus needs to be guided by Him so good fruit may flourish. Galatians 5:22 “the fruit of the Spirit is: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness and Self Control.”

I hope this message has been a blessing to all of you. More to come in the near future.

Blessings and Shalom from Israel. With Love, Joshua

2 comments:

  1. I love how you said "I am beginning to realize the true blessings of being here in the land. One being the focus of my daily life, it is in a totally different place than when I was in the states. The disconnect from the normal day to day thoughts and obligations is now allowing me to focus." This is so true! Just a small amount of time away from America will make you realize how many distractions are constantly at our fingertips. We live in a society which constantly has to be entertained, mostly with mindless activities that are quickly causing us to no longer truly connect with ourselves, others, and most importantly our Creator. I remember after working in the DR for only a few days I was amazed at how genuine and focused I became with my all of my relationships. Thank you for this reminder, I needed to hear it! It is far too easy to get caught up in those constant distractions; the challenge is resisting them and staying true to God's plan. We need to do a lot of disconnecting and a whole lot more connecting! Your trip is already such a blessing to me. It is a refreshing reminder and is truly renewing my spirit! Blessings and love to you, brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this inspiring message! Your pictures have also been refreshing to Ryan and myself.

    ReplyDelete